7 Louisiana hospitals with the cleanest rooms, as reported by patients
The following is a list of hospitals in Louisiana for which 86 percent or more of patients reported on their HCAHPS surveys that their room and bathroom were "always" clean.
Data were pulled from CMS' Hospital Compare's most recently available information, from April 2014 through March 2015.
For reference, Louisiana's average rate for patients reporting their room and bathroom were "always" clean is 76 percent. The national average is 74 percent.
Note: Hospitals with insufficient data, such as having fewer than 100 completed surveys, were excluded.
1. Cypress Pointe Surgical Hospital (Hammond) — 95 percent
2. Citizens Medical Center (Columbia) — 92 percent
3. Physicians Medical Center (Houma) — 92 percent
4. Lady of the Sea General Hospital (Cut Off) — 92 percent
5. The Spine Hospital of Louisiana (Baton Rouge) — 87 percent
6. Surgical Specialty Center of Baton Rouge (La.) — 86 percent
7. Central Louisiana Surgical Hospital (Alexandria) — 86 percent